Glenbard East High School opened its doors in September 1959 with a student body of 525 students and 28 faculty members. This school year we have an enrollment of approximately 2,450 students and 180 faculty members. Glenbard East has established itself as an excellent high school respected for its broad academic offerings and varied extracurricular program.
With school colors of red and black, its mascot is the Ram. The nickname RAMS is an acronym for "Right Attitude Means Success." Prior to the opening of Glenbard East in 1959, Lombard students in High School District No. 87 attended Glenbard West in Glen Ellyn (known at the time simply as Glenbard High School).