About Our Team
The Glenbard East High School Student Services team is made up of deans, guidance counselors, social workers, psychologists, nurses and the special education department chair. This large group meets on a weekly basis and discusses students with severe emotional and academic needs, developing a plan of action for students to help address their needs in an effective manner. Smaller intervention teams also meet on a weekly basis to discuss and plan interventions for students who struggle academically and behaviorally. The goal of the Student Services team is to assist students and give them the
proper resources and supports in order to be successful in school. At Glenbard East, our team has created a safe and supportive school climate that provides schoolwide behavioral expectations, caring school climate programs, positive interventions and supports, psychological and counseling services and violence prevention programs.
Examples of Ready, Respectful and Responsible behavioral expectations for Glenbard East students
Briefly outlines safety measures taken at East and provides tips for students
Provides a wide variety of information, including...
- Introduction to East
- General Information
- Academic Information
- Guidance Services
- Student Records and Freedom of Information Act
- Health Center
- Glenbard East Library Media Center
- School Safety
- Parking and Driving
- Discipline and Conduct
- Clubs and Activities
- Parent Organizations
Helpful phone numbers for a variety of services, including...
- Hotlines (suicide, runaway, etc.)
- Child Abuse/Neglect
- Community Counseling Services
- Police & Fire (non-emergency)
- Food & Shelter
- Financial Assistance
- Health Services
- HIV/STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Psychiatric Services & Crisis
- Job Services/Legal Assistance
- Poison Control
- Substance Abuse
- Rape & Violence Prevention
Call (630) 424-6670
Students and parents have the opportunity to leave confidential tips regarding school safety, bullying or any other school-related issues by calling the tip line. If they have any information that can help maintain a safe and positive climate for all students at Glenbard East, they are encouraged to do their part and submit a tip.
Expectations for Appropriate Use of Tip Lines
- The tip line is NOT an emergency line. If there is an emergency, the reporter should dial 911 or contact law enforcement immediately. The tip lines are not designed to provide an immediate response.
- The tip line is designed to be used by students and parents if they feel there is a student safety issue about which they need to alert school personnel or law enforcement. This could include any issue(s) occurring in school or outside of school that may affect the safety of an individual or group of students.
- The tip line does NOT in any way replace direct face to face reporting of information to school personnel. Students and/or parents are still encouraged to come and speak in person with a trusted adult (teacher, school administrator, police officer, etc.) for the purpose of discussing any issues of student safety, but if they do not feel comfortable doing this or are unable to do so, they should use a tip line.
- Tips that are received will be forwarded to designated school administrators and school liaison officers. All tips that are received will be investigated in a timely manner. Please note that the tip line may not be monitored by school administration and/or school liaison officers after hours or over weekends, so please be mindful of the urgency of the information you are submitting. In addition, due to circumstances that may be beyond our control involving the nature of the Internet and communication technologies in general, we cannot guarantee 100% timely reception or delivery of the submitted information.
- Tips are private, but they are not always anonymous. If at any time the school administration and/or the school liaison officer believe that there is a need to gather more information, they may contact the provider of a message. Sometimes more information will be necessary to follow up on a particular message to ensure the safety of all involved. Please provide as much information as possible when submitting tips.
- Please be advised that false reporting of information as well as providing prejudicial or defamatory information are prohibited. Any individual who knowingly provides false, prejudicial or defamatory information will be reported to the appropriate authorities. Any misuse or abuse of this system is strictly prohibited. Making a false report to law enforcement is a serious offense and could be punishable by law.